What's It Like To Be Twelve Months Old?
- I've tripled my birth weight and now weigh around 20 pounds.
- I am 26 to 30 inches tall.
- I'm learning to walk, but I still crawl if I want to get somewhere fast.
- I can climb out of my crib.
- I can understand many words and like you to talk to me.
- I can take lids off containers and open cabinet doors.
- I like to imitate familiar sounds and may say a few words you can understand.
- I can solve simple problems like finding a lost toy.
- I have lots of energy and am always on the go.
- I like to push or pull toys when I practice walking.
- I insist on holding a spoon when I eat, but I'm not too accurate, and I have lots of spills.
- I like to look at pictures in books and magazines.
- I can play by myself for a little while if you are nearby.
- I may fuss if things don't go my way or if I'm tired or frustrated.
For more information about dads and their baby's first year, get The Everything® Father's First Year Book by Vincent Iannelli, MD, which is published by Adams Media and is now available at your favorite bookstore.
You can also order The Everything® Father's First Year Book right now from amazon.com.